REGIONAL PROJECT MONITORING AND EVALUATION SYSTEM (RPMES)
The Regional Project Monitoring and Evaluation System (RPMES) was established through Executuve Order No. 376. The system provides a scheme for monitoring and evaluating projects at the national, regional, provincial, and city/municipal levels, with the extensive and active participation of various government agencies, local government units (LGUs) and non-government organizations (NGOs) at all levels.
It primarily aims to facilitate program and project implementation, and devolve project facilitation, problem-solving, monitoring, and evaluation to the regional, provincial, city, and municipal levels.
The RPMES covers all development projects – inclusive of Official Development Assistance (ODA) projects, undertaken by national government agencies, LGUs, state universities and colleges (SUCs), and government-owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs) at the regional, provincial, city, and municipal levels.
Specifically, the system aims to:
- provide a system for the integration, coordination, and linkage of all monitoring activities in the region;
- provide up-to-date and relevant information on the overall status of project implementation at each level for timely program/project adjustments, planning, and budget allocation;
- institutionalize problem-solving sessions (PSS) as a mechanism to address issues and concerns related to the implementation of programs and projects; provide information on lessons learned in project implementation for planning, budgeting, and implementation of future similar projects;
- assess and ascertain whether projects implemented are supportive of regional development goals and plans as well as national development thrusts and priorities;
- provide a venue for greater participation of NGOs in the development planning process;
- assess and ascertain whether development programs and projects implemented are delivering results in support of regional development goals and plans as well as national development thrusts and priorities; and
- provide a venue for greater participation of civil society organizations (CSOs) in public sector management.
REGIONAL PROJECT MONITORING COMMITTEE
The Regional Project Monitoring Committee (RPMC) consists of director level members of NEDA, DBM, DILG, and OP-PMS. It also includes a private sector representative (PSR) or a Non-Government Organization. The respective NEDA Regional Office serves as Chair and Secretariat of the RPMC.MEMBERSHIP
The RPMC shall be composed of the following, as per EO 376: