The Regional Project Monitoring and Evaluation System (RPMES) was established through Executuve Order No. 376. The system provides a scheme for monitoring and evaluating projects at the national, regional, provincial, and city/municipal levels, with the extensive and active participation of various government agencies, local government units (LGUs) and non-government organizations (NGOs) at all levels.
It primarily aims to facilitate program and project implementation, and devolve project facilitation, problem-solving, monitoring, and evaluation to the regional, provincial, city, and municipal levels.
The RPMES covers all development projects – inclusive of Official Development Assistance (ODA) projects, undertaken by national government agencies, LGUs, state universities and colleges (SUCs), and government-owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs) at the regional, provincial, city, and municipal levels.
Specifically, the system aims to:
- provide a system for the integration, coordination, and linkage of all monitoring activities in the region;
- provide up-to-date and relevant information on the overall status of project implementation at each level for timely program/project adjustments, planning, and budget allocation;
- institutionalize problem-solving sessions (PSS) as a mechanism to address issues and concerns related to the implementation of programs and projects; provide information on lessons learned in project implementation for planning, budgeting, and implementation of future similar projects;
- assess and ascertain whether projects implemented are supportive of regional development goals and plans as well as national development thrusts and priorities;
- provide a venue for greater participation of NGOs in the development planning process;
- assess and ascertain whether development programs and projects implemented are delivering results in support of regional development goals and plans as well as national development thrusts and priorities; and
- provide a venue for greater participation of civil society organizations (CSOs) in public sector management.